From:       Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
To:         xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:       01/26/2011 01:35 PM
Subject:    Re: [xsl] Q: Where will xpointer() apply in case of
            xml-stylesheet PI presence?

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt wrote:

> I posted this question yesterday on xml-dev:
> http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/201101/msg00124.html
>
> Because of the xml-stylesheet PI there is a XSLT aspect and
> posting here will hopefully get an answer.

Mozilla/Firefox used to support some XPointer stuff (element() and
xpath() scheme, some proprietary API,
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XML_in_Mozilla). However the current
releases (Firefox 3.6) don't support it anymore. I tested with Firefox
2.0 and when I load a URL like
   http://localhost/file.xml#element(/1/200)
where file.xml references an XSLT stylesheet that transforms file.xml
into some XML result document styled with CSS then the "element(/1/200)"
pointer is applied to the result i.e. the 200th child element of the
root element of the result document is scrolled into view.
So that is how Firefox/Mozilla used to implement it, I have no idea
whether the specs suggest or demand that.

--

             Martin Honnen
             http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/