Re: [xsl] Is it legal to do <xsl:copy-of select="element/@attribute"/>?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is it legal to do <xsl:copy-of select="element/@attribute"/>?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 23:26:41 -0800
> That's precisely what I was loosely quoting.  But that section's
> heading says "Creating Attributes with xsl:attribute" and doesn't
> specifically mention that the same behavior is expected for copying
> attributes using xsl:copy-of (neither does the section about
> copy-of[1]).
>
> Thomas W.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xslt-19991116#copy-of

I guess that the wise people who authored the spec didn't want to be
redundant -- copying attributes nodes under a created element is
actually adding copies of thes attribute nodes to the element -- and
the restrictions of adding attributes are already defined in the
quoted section about creating attributes.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev