Re: [xsl] Unescaping URIs?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unescaping URIs?
From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 08:08:32 -0600
OK, my use case is I need to take URIs and generate platform-specific file
paths from them. I want to do this in XSLT to avoid dependencies on
extension functions. For example, I am generating Ant scripts that require
filenames (must support Ant pre 1.8) and thus I have to be able to unescape
URIs.

I'm not sure I understand why the unescaping process is controversial--I
think the rules for escaping and thus unescaping are clear.

In the case of a % not followed by either another % or two digits, you have
a badly-formed escaped URI and must throw an exception. But I need to review
the relevant URI specs before I proceed. I cannot claim any particular
expertise in URI details at the moment.

Cheers,

E.

--