Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE - XSLT 2.0 on the browser

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE - XSLT 2.0 on the browser
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:29:43 +0100
>> How would search engines find data? It seems that they also would need
>> to perform the specific XSLT transformation on the XML (which they
>> don't do currently, AFAIK, and probably would refuse to do so due to
>> the additional costs involved and to the web-xmlization still not a
>> predominant trend -- seems like a wicked closed circle, doesn't it).

I see this more as alternative way manipulate the page on the client,
rather than generate the whole page using a clientside xml +
transformation... it gets over the hurdle of processing xml with
javascript.

Generating html with xslt is far nicer than creating dom nodes with javascript.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com