Re: [xsl] Sorting seems not to work completely

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting seems not to work completely
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:01:19 +0100
On 27 July 2011 20:49, Mark <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Andrew,
> Your template one scrambles the <Date> order. Have not investigated why as
> Murray's template worked almost perfectly. Thanks for the <Group...> idea.
> It will make a nice debugging feature for me in the future.

oh ok... to do the dates-as-a-number technique like this:

>   <xsl:for-each-group select="Item/Stamp"
> group-by="Date/concat(@year, @month, @day)">
>     <xsl:sort select="current-grouping-key()" data-type="number"/>

then they need to be 2 digits for month and day (yyyymmdd), eg
20110505 for the 5th day of the 5th month of 2011, instead of 201155.

It's probably more hassle converting the date to that than just
sticking with the triple sort that you already had.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com