Re: [xsl] random url for namespace to avoid uncontrollable dependencies

Subject: Re: [xsl] random url for namespace to avoid uncontrollable dependencies
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:47:48 +0100
On 25/08/2011 14:31, Dirk wrote:

No problems at all, use whatever namespace you like. You could just use xmlns:cms="cms", it really doesn't matter. Just don't put dates or version numbers in it, or anything that might give you reason to want to change it down the line.

Note however that due to a (rather perverse) decision of the w3c, such namespaces (which are technically relative URI) are deprecated.

http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xppa

following that decision later editions of the xml namespace spec have declared relative url namespaces deprecated and referenced that page.

I tend to use data urls when I would previously have used a string eg
xmlns:cms="data:,cms" rather than xmlns:cms="cms"

data:,cms is a perfectly good absolute URI that resolves to the string "cms" as you can see by trying it in a browser that understands data: (most of them except IE)

David

--
google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle