Re: [xsl] RE: Best way to represent an item and its context?

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: Best way to represent an item and its context?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 23:36:36 +0100
On 17/09/2011 22:26, Michael Kay wrote:
On 17/09/2011 20:01, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
Hi Folks,

Many thanks for the responses.

Please allow me to provide more insight into what I am doing and inquire why I am getting an "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" with Saxon.
That's a bug, plain and simple. It's caused, I think, by the fact that Saxon is treating the XSD namespace specially, but you are using it in your stylesheet as just-another-namespace (as you are perfectly entitled to do). I'll investigate it and fix it. The preferred way to report Saxon bugs is on the saxon-help list at SourceForge.

I've logged the bug here

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3411093&group_id=29872&atid=397617

and I'm about to commit a patch. It turns out to have nothing to do specifically with the unusual use of the schema namespace; it could be caused by any stylesheet where the body of a function is a literal result element and the function is executed using xsl:sequence in the content of another literal result element. It's surprising that no-one has hit this before, as there's nothing particularly unusual about the conditions.

Michael Kay
Saxonica