Re: [xsl] Saxon CE, result-document and Xpaths

Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon CE, result-document and Xpaths
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 21:31:30 +0100
On 22/09/2011 19:52, Eliot Kimber wrote:
The @href value is an attribute value template, so you need
href="{//table[1]/td}"

No, I don't think that's correct - unless the location you want to write it is contained at the location //table[1]/td, which I suspect isn't the case.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

The Saxon CE documentation states:

The form<xsl:result-document href="?select=//table[1]/td"> where the select parameter is an XPath expression that is evaluated relative to the root of the HTML document.
I am using XSLT the populate an HTML page. When I execute such a result-document command from my<xsl:template match="/"> context nothing gets produced.

From the same context, using an id ( eg<xsl:result-document href="#books"> ) works fine.

I am expecting to be able to populate a page using an XPath in the result-document command. Have I misunderstood the documentation?

Thanks