Re: [xsl] XML pretty printer

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML pretty printer
From: Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:59:47 -0400
On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 04:39 -0700, John Christopher wrote:

> My data only contains elements with attributes
> and no CDATA or PCDATA.

Well, you have CDATA in your attribute values, strictly speaking :-) but
I think you mean no element content.

(I hope you don't plan to localise this to Japanese!)

> If my data *did* contain CDATA or PCDATA, the
> formatter should leave the data alone, but
> properly indent the surrounding tags.

I think an example was already posted that will probaly do what you
need; if not, it's a case of modifying the "identity transform" to treat
the attributes specially. You will need to lie and say you are
generating text, not XML, of course.

Liam