Re: [xsl] () eq () vs () = ()

Subject: Re: [xsl] () eq () vs () = ()
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:26:18 -0400
At 2011-09-30 12:28 +0100, Andrew Welch wrote:
Regarding deep-equal(), the first bullet seems wrong: "If the two
sequences are both empty, the function returns true." It's well
defined, but doesn't seem to follow the rest of the spec where one
side is ().  I wonder if it could easily be as well defined as
'false'.

But it is consistent with the requirement for the length of the two sequences being the same (the second bullet says if the lengths are different then return false()), and the third bullet doesn't come into play because the lengths are zero.

So, I think the length property makes a good case for them being equal and returning true().

So, changing that to false, making the comparison operators return
false instead of (), and xs:boolean behave like fn:boolean... not too
late is it?  :)

:{)}

-- Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal