Re: [xsl] Providing a value for the 'select' attribute

Subject: Re: [xsl] Providing a value for the 'select' attribute
From: "Mark" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 16:47:32 -0700
How right you are - that is exactly the error that made me think text values could not be set with the select attribute.
Thanks,
Mark

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Kay
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 3:48 PM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 03/10/2011 22:38, Mark wrote:
Thanks Ken.

Because all the variables I had constructed using the select="some text" idiom seemed to have no value when accessed, I adopted the text node approach. I'll go back and look at my old code now to see if there was another reason for the value-setting failure.
You probably forgot the nested quotes

select="'some text'"

It's easily done - there was an example of the error in the original
XSLT 1.0 specification.

Michael Kay
Saxonica