Re: [xsl] XPath which tests that an element does not have mixed content?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath which tests that an element does not have mixed content?
From: Brandon Ibach <brandon.ibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 15:08:19 -0400
I may be misinterpreting your requirement, but based on my initial
read, I'd go with something like the following, which should work with
any version of XPath/XSLT.  It is written to be evaluated in the
context of <author>.

count(Person) = 1 and not(text()[normalize-space(.)])

-Brandon :)

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Would you please recommend an XPath expression which ensures that the
content of <author> is optional whitespace, <Person>, optional whitespace, and
nothing else:

>    <author>
>        <Person>
>            <name>Simon L. Peyton Jones</name>
>        </Person>
>    </author>
>
> The result of the XPath expression is true if the content is as desired and
false otherwise. The XPath should return true for the above example and false
for the below example: