Re: [xsl] RE: Seperating Heading from Content

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: Seperating Heading from Content
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 12:02:11 -0500
At 2011-11-08 11:54 -0500, Wendell Piez wrote:
Just to clarify: the mechanism Ken described will give you your heading on every page, until a new heading replaces it (on every page).

Actually, Wendell, no it won't in my posted example. I would have attached my test PDF showing no heading on the second and subsequent pages of each virtual section, but I know attachments are verbotten on this list.

It wasn't clear to me from your original description whether you wanted your h2 to appear on every page, or only on the first page of the section, occupying a reserved space.

I understood his requirement to only show the H2 on the first of the pages, with subsequent pages starting at the same height of the page as the text of the page with the H2 content.

Come to think of it, I wonder if you couldn't fake this by placing an empty marker directly after each marker generated for an h2.

Exactly.