Re: [xsl] sanely ordering template imports?

Subject: Re: [xsl] sanely ordering template imports?
From: "James A. Robinson" <jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 12:23:57 -0800
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:04, G. Ken Holman
<gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Top-level constructs are global across all stylesheet fragments regardless
> of the order of import. B The only time you need to worry about the order
of
> import is when like-named top-level constructs are found in more than one
> fragment.

Yep, I had know than the 2nd import wasn't necessary due to anything
w/re to the stylesheet structure, but only because of that error
message I was complaining about.

> That your fragment is reporting a problem in oXygen is likely that you have
> not configured a validation scenario for your stylesheet fragments. B You
> should be validating each fragment using the top-most content.xsl as the
> validation scenario. B Then oXygen will act like an XSLT processor and find
> all of the globals.

Thank you, that did help.  I hadn't been aware that Oxygen allowed one
to change the entry point for the validation.  I asked a friend who
has pointed out that newer versions of Oxygen actually indicate this
in the error message they display.

Jim

James A. Robinson                       jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Stanford University HighWire Press      http://highwire.stanford.edu/
+1 650 7237294 (Work)                   +1 650 7259335 (Fax)