[xsl] What problem are you trying to solve (was Re: [xsl] why no indent here)

Subject: [xsl] What problem are you trying to solve (was Re: [xsl] why no indent here)
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 17:52:48 -0500
Wolfgang,

On 12/12/2011 4:08 AM, Wolfgang Laun wrote:
(I'd like to hear some opions from the Wizards on this list: Is it
worth doing all this if you can write it in HTML, add a nice CSS and
that's it? The "content" isn't going to need much maintenance - at
least I can't see it in *this* app. And consider what you have to
master either way.)

I dare say it's impossible to answer the question in the general case. Generally, there are specific considerations that come into play.

But yeah: if you can solve your problem in CSS and there's no reason to do otherwise ... then there's no reason to do otherwise. :-)

Reasons to do otherwise might include because you think it's fun, or you are deliberately investing effort in learning.

Yet I agree, if you mean to suggest it's easy to waste effort on solutions to problems you don't really have, or which could be dealt with much more easily if you defined them differently (as, for example, a display problem not a transformation problem).

Cheers,
Wendell