[xsl] Using multiple columns based on content

Subject: [xsl] Using multiple columns based on content
From: "Struijk, Toon van der" <aecvanderstruijk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:02:24 +0000
Is it possible to switch between one or two columns on a specific page, based
on the fact if content is available for a specific column.
I'm making a
template for brochures, where the first page has a two-column layout, and all
other pages just one column (and this one column has the same width as columns
1 and 2 of the first page). The content on the first page starts in the left
column and than flows to the next page where there is only one column (so, it
doesn't flow in the second column on the first page, they are not
'connected'). The second column on the first page is used for additional
information.
However, there are situations where the second column on the
first page is not enough to show all additional information. In these
situations I want the next page to also have a second column, so I can flow
the remainig additional information from the first page into that second
column on the next page.

How to accomplish this.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Toon van der Struijk