Re: [xsl] Rule of thumb: Are XPath 2.0 or XSLT 2.0 constructs faster?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Rule of thumb: Are XPath 2.0 or XSLT 2.0 constructs faster?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 09:37:58 +0000
On 09/02/2012 07:59, TW wrote:
Do XSLT constructs maybe have an overhead that XPath ones don't?

Michael KnowsTheseThings, but I'll hazard an answer anyway. if you look at Xquery syntax which is basically just an xpath-like syntax for parts of XSLT, and the fact that saxon (at least) compiles xquery and xslt (and xpath) down to the same internal representation, I would expect that there is negligible difference in compilation time and literally no difference in run time behaviour when the xpath and xslt are really doing the same thing.

David