Re: [xsl] The data at the root level is invalid+xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] The data at the root level is invalid+xslt
From: Michel Hendriksen <michel.hendriksen@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:54:25 +0100
Deserialising could mean that the server (or whatever) is trying to
read in the message and can't map it to some (object)
structure/arguments to pass to the method Search.

This might have to do with datatype mismatches or naming clashes (like
using underscores in names). Or problem with WSDL file.

Any stacktraces serverside?

Try to google DeserializationFailed

Michel

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:41 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 21/02/2012 22:49, ram wrote:
>>
>> Guys, Without compilation and running the program, how can i say
>> that there is problem with my xsl, Rather than arguing the syntax
>> errors you can look at the real problem too
>

> As Michael said, how can we know what the real problem is if the code
> you post clearly isn't generating the error message that you give
> (since the original version would not have run at all and this version
> runs without error producing the result below on your given input)
>

>> (I know its not job of yours and
>>
>> your experts and helping hands for new guys.) I have corrected the
>> request and code multiple times and round and round coming to the
>> same point syntax problem blah blah.
>

> You seem to be trivialising the fact that we pointed out that the code
> you posted was incapable of producing any output?
>

> Your corrected stylesheet produces this result on the posted xml
> (using saxon6 as a reference xslt 1 implementation)
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
> xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
> xmlns:tri="http://abc.com/WebServices.Common";
> xmlns:ns="http://abc.com/Case/471"; xmlns:con="http://xyz.com/eb/context";
> xmlns:head="http://xyz.com/eb/header";>
>    <soapenv:Header><ActivityId
> xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2004/09/ServiceModel/Diagnostics";
> CorrelationId="">?</ActivityId><wsse:Security

xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurit
y-secext-1.0.xsd"><wsse:UsernameToken><wsse:Username/><wsse:Password>1</wsse:
Password></wsse:UsernameToken></wsse:Security></soapenv:Header>

>    <soapenv:Body>
>        <ns:Search>
>            <ns:request>
>                <tri:SessionId>?</tri:SessionId>
>                <ns:Member>
>                    <ns:MemberId>?</ns:MemberId>
>                    <ns:SystemId>?</ns:SystemId>
>                </ns:Member>
>                <ns:Pagination>
>                    <ns:CurrentPageNumber>?</ns:CurrentPageNumber>
>                  </ns:Pagination>
>
>            </ns:request>
>        </ns:Search>
>    </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
>

> which is well formed XML but without any schema or dtd reference
> so the following message is to be expected, and not necessarily
> an error:
>

>> When i do the validation
>> for the generated xml in xmlspy i got the following error.
>>

>> Unable to locate a reference to a supported schema type (DTD, W3C
>> Schema) within this document instance.
>

> On the other hand this is clearly an error:
>

>> The error that I am getting when i hit the backend service provider
>> is
>>
>> <s:Body><s:Fault><faultcode

xmlns:a="http://schemas.microsoft.com/net/2005/12/windowscommunicationfoundat
ion/dispatcher">a:DeserializationFailed</faultcode><faultstring