Re: [xsl] xpath / xslt function library for working with URLs

Subject: Re: [xsl] xpath / xslt function library for working with URLs
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:04:27 +0100
For a EXSLT solution being able to deal with UTF-8 url-encoded URIs you can
take the solution from this webcast slide:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27019118&aid=1#page=15

That solution is based on str:tokenize() and str:decode-uri() EXSLT calls.

The problem I see for you is not on the processing side of the URL by
Oleg's or my method.
The problem will be on how to access the URL from within a stylesheet!

For Oleg's stylesheet you will have to pass the URL as parameter.
In DataPower appliance XSLT compiler we can use extension variable
"dp:variable('var://service/URI')" to access it.
So it depends on the XSLT processor you use ...

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Level 3 support for XML Compiler team and Fixpack team lead
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/HermannSW/
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
-------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>

-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
-------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
-------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |02/22/2012 07:02 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
-------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Re: [xsl] xpath / xslt function library for working with URLs

-------------------------------------------------------------------|

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Peter Rushforth
<peter.rushforth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a function library that can parse URLs and return
> parameters and values.  Is there such a thing publicly known?
> I don't want to have to re-invent the wheel!

For a start see this XSLT 1.0 solution -- you can easily produce the
desired xsl:function from it:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/9212032

--
Cheers,