[xsl] XSLT 1.0 n-queens and questions

Subject: [xsl] XSLT 1.0 n-queens and questions
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:26:17 +0200
Hello,

I posted a XSLT 1.0 implementation for n-queens running in all big5
browsers
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/HermannSW/entry/n_queens_xsl_xml14

It produces all solutions for 4<=n<=9, nicely grouped.

I have two questions on the solution:

1)
Grouping is done by two solutions considered equivalent if one can be
transformed into the other by rotations and/or mirroring.

I did not find a way to make this "equivalence" available in xsl:key for
using Muenchian grouping -- can anybody think of how Muenchian grouping
be used instead the "handmade" duplicate elimination in n-queens.xsl.xml?

2)
I made much use of exslt:node-set() function although the templates itself
use xsl:call-template and xsl:apply-templates.

Is a more "functional" solution without so many exslt:node-set() calls
possible in XSLT 1.0?

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Level 3 support for XML Compiler team and Fixpack team lead
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/HermannSW/
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen