[xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE Beta 0.2

Subject: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE Beta 0.2
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:40:46 +0100
A new beta release of Saxon-CE (XSLT 2.0 in the browser) is out today.

The most significant change is that there is now a Javascript API, giving a lot more flexibility in how Saxon-CE is combined with other client-side technologies.

This also enables support of the <?xml-stylesheet?> processing instruction, via an XSLT 1.0 bootstrap stylesheet.

Other changes will be noticed by existing users such as more control over logging and tracing, to help debugging.

This version brings Saxon-CE pretty close to what we think is needed for a full product-quality release. One of the last remaining tasks is to enable control of browser history (the back button, bookmarks, etc).

The product's direction so far has been greatly influenced by the pioneering work of members of the user community, to whom we extend our thanks. If you've been thinking about using the product, now is an excellent time: it's mature enough that you won't find many bugs, but not yet cast in stone, so your feedback is still important to us.

Licensing: it's still free, but needs a license for the domain on which Saxon-CE is hosted; the license expires 3 months after issue. Existing licenses for the beta 0.1 release will continue to work if they haven't reached their expiry date.

Michael Kay
Saxonica