Re: [xsl] Diagram of XPath axes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Diagram of XPath axes
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 14:23:33 -0400
Hi again,

On 5/25/2012 1:13 PM, G. Ken Holman wrote:
hmm now that I've understood it a little better, maybe 'remove', eg
select="//* remove *[. >> $target]"

Well, for that particular expression I think "except" works just fine.

It was when the right hand side referenced current() that I thought it
didn't work. I think the intent of the "until" was to be able to cite a
singleton on the right hand side.

Hm, funny. I inferred from Mike's suggestion that any arbitrary expression, returning a Boolean, would be allowed on the right hand side, evaluated with the item in the sequence as context.

//* until (. is current())

or

if (exists($seq[expr])) then
  $seq[position() le index-of($seq,$seq[expr)]
  else $seq

where expr is an arbitrary expression returning a Boolean.

Cheers, Wendell