Re: [xsl] Writing stylesheets for Web and PDF output?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Writing stylesheets for Web and PDF output?
From: Philip Vallone <philip.vallone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 19:06:44 -0400
On May 26, 2012, at 5:18 PM, Dan Vint wrote:

> Anything I add has to be done after the fact.

The same here.  The CSDB we use is limited. The data is stored in a Database
and exported at the time of publishing. On export, it's in S1000D format and I
can process as I wish. From there we use what ever processor we like. In our
case, Saxon (xslt 2.0) and FOP. We can publish online or via a Desk Top
Application written on Java. Your CSDB must be able to output to S1000D? Once
you have the exported S1000D output, you can do what you want with.

It sounds like you publish via ArborText (for the convenience of the tech
writers). We use xmetal for the tech writers and xmlspy for the developers,
but publish through a desktop app if they choose to. In fact, some of the
books require a lot of memory and must be publish via a 64bit server. So we
give both options.