Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE 1.0 (XSLT 2.0 on the browser)

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE 1.0 (XSLT 2.0 on the browser)
From: Philip Fearon <pgfearo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 22:30:34 +0100
Just to expand on Michael's comment on hooks and interfaces: Saxon-CE
currently has a capability to make function calls to an app hosting a
web browser via the window.external object. There's just one function
supported, saxonErrorHandler - for sending error and diagnostics
messages (like xsl:message or fn:trace() output) to the host
applciation[1]:

To initiate the 'bridge' connection (to check the function exists
within the external object), Saxon-CE's first call uses a special INIT
logLevel - so one simple solution would be for the host app to send a
license key in response to this first call. I'm getting into solution
space too early here, but the main thing is that this is certainly
feasible from a technical standpoint.

Phil Fearon
Saxonica

[1]http://www.saxonica.com/ce/doc/system-interfaces/external.xml