Re: [xsl] New XSLT 3.0 Working Draft

Subject: Re: [xsl] New XSLT 3.0 Working Draft
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:12:53 +0100
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Given the way unsupplied parameters are currently treated will we have
>>   partial evaluation ?

Reference to unsupplied parameters - I was thinking of the treatment
of unsupplied parameters in template definitions - which mitigate
against partial applications.

> Yes, partial evaluation is available. For example:
>
> <xsl:variable name="f" as="function(xs:string) as xs:boolean"
> select="contains(?, 'a')"/>
> <xsl:if test="$f('abracadabra')">...</xsl:if>
>
> returns true

Sorry I meant partial application and you must forgive my syntax
because I have no idea what it should be but in

<xsl:variable name="f" as="function(xs:integer, xs:integer) as
xs:integer" select="1"/>

if  the function in the above variable is a function that adds two
integers then $f(3) returns 4 (i.e $f becomes a function that
increments it's argument by 1).