Re: [xsl] [FO] image on even, table on odd, repeating image if the table is more than one page

Subject: Re: [xsl] [FO] image on even, table on odd, repeating image if the table is more than one page
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:42:48 -0400
At 2012-07-11 11:31 -0500, Michael.Hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
What about creating a header area on the even pages to allow both the real
header and the image?  The OP's original question specified one image per
table, so a reference to the url() could specify the image associated with
the table.  (We do something similar with "This page intentionally left
blank" centered on the blank pages.)

Yes, that is what I implied in my step (2) ... both the header and the body would be shown on the even pages using an absolutely-positioned block container.

But I missed that it was only a single image per table! If that is true, then I think my scheme would work just fine. And we can then exploit blank pages rather than a page sequence.

Geert, before I take the time to create a mockup, can you confirm, please, that there is only a single image associated with each table, and that the table needs to start at the top of the "next" odd page (with the image shown on the preceding even pages for each page of the table)?

If so, I think this can be done.

-- Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012 Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal