[xsl] tokenize() and regex-group ?

Subject: [xsl] tokenize() and regex-group ?
From: Matthieu Ricaud-Dussarget <matthieu.ricaud@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:02:02 +0200
Hi all,

I'm tokenizing some text within a reccursiv template. The goal is to generates some linking with some "definitions" inside the doc.
Let say my text is : "my foo bar"
=> 1st level of reccursion is searching for "bar" as defined anchor in the doc
if not found, I increase a $lookBacklevel param :
=> 2nd level of reccursion is searching for "foo bar"
and so on... till it finds a matching definition or throw an error if not.
=> when a definition is found, the text is output with a link :

To do so I (space-) tokenized the text :
<xsl:variable name="tokenText" select="tokenize($text,' ')" as="xs:string*"/>

and then make 2 strings depending on reccursion param $lookBacklevel
<xsl:variable name="textBegin" select="string-join($tokenText[position() lt ($tokenNum - $lookBacklevel + 1)],' ')"/>
<xsl:variable name="textEnd" select="string-join($tokenText[position() ge ($tokenNum - $lookBacklevel + 1)],' ')"/>

I then search for a matching definition :
<xsl:variable name="matchingAncres" select="$ancres[normalize-space($textEnd)!=''][igs:match-ancre(.,$textEnd)]" as="element()*"/>
(matching rules are defined in a specific function)

The problem I've got is that the tokenize separator is too specific, it's only a space, and sometime words are separated by other char like :
- unbreakable space "&#160;"
- open parenthese "("
- french quotes "B+"
- ...

I could use a regex like "[\s(]B+" as 2nd arg of tokenize() but, I will then not be able to reconstruct the string.

So is there a way to get the separator that has been match in the regex of tokenize() ?
just like regex-group() do when using <xsl:analyze-string> ?

I think the answer is "no", but maybe I'm missing a trick to achieve this ?

I could maybe use <xsl:analyse-string> but this is not so easy because of the reccursiv template, the regex will depend on $lookBacklevel param. I'm not sure I can fin the good pattern...

Regards,

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Ricaud