Re: [xsl] Escaping special characters for *nix file path

Subject: Re: [xsl] Escaping special characters for *nix file path
From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:58:11 +0200
Hmm, I'm not sure you are done yet. If you are passing the escaped
pathname to a shell you might have to guard against more magic
characters. Try these:

touch a.txt b.txt
ls x[12].txt
ls x{1,2}.txt
ls x?.txt
ls x*.txt

A relatively safe way would be to enclose the path name in apostrophes
(') and escape all contained apostrophes and backslashes with a
backslash.

-W