Re: [xsl] Calculating the size of a string

Subject: Re: [xsl] Calculating the size of a string
From: Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:11:03 -0400
On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 08:15 -0400, G. Ken Holman wrote:
> At 2012-08-15 07:13 -0400, Philip Vallone wrote:
[...]
> I needed to solve this problem for URIs.
>
> Of course your space method and my zero-width-space method still
> presents the problem that if the user uses copy and paste from the
> printed material, those characters are embedded in the copied
> content.

For XSL-FO 2 I seem to remember we talked about specifying a list of
characters after which special line-breaking treatment could occur (e.g.
no hyphen inserted, or a different thing than a hyphen, such as a
backslash or a fancy "linewrap" symbol), but I don't think we finalized
the expression syntax.

Unfortunately we ran out of people working on XSL-FO 2.

I seem to remember that Antenna House has an extension to do this
though, and it'd be nice if FOP supported that.

Liam