Re: [xsl] Need an efficient function to determine if two XML trees are the same (same markup, same values)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Need an efficient function to determine if two XML trees are the same (same markup, same values)
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 14:33:59 -0400
At 2012-09-01 18:22 +0000, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
I need an efficient XSLT 2.0 function that, given two XML trees, it returns true if they are the same, false otherwise.

By "they are the same" I mean the trees have the same elements and attributes, with the same values.

Do you have an efficient function that does this?

I don't, but the standard library has deep-equal() which does that:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-xpath-functions-20070123/#func-deep-equal

Do you need something more than what is already standardized?

I hope this helps.

-- Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012 Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal