Re: [xsl] Typing variables

Subject: Re: [xsl] Typing variables
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 09:26:51 +0100
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> <xsl:variable name="thing">"<xsl:value-of
>> select="replace(.,',',concat($quot,',',$quot))"/>"</xsl:variable> and
>> the value of the variable $quot is obvious.
>>
>> If I were to make $thing a typed variable what would it  be.
>
> xs:string+

Thought someone might say that, thats where I started and I had to
remove that to get it to work. That's why I posted

> or wrap all of the contents in <xsl:value-of> (with no select
> attribute) and then use xs:string
>
> or (most efficiently) change the existing value-of to xsl:sequence and
> concat the double quotes,  and use xs:string.

that doesn't get past the type checker because it's sees the resulting
value as more than 1 string. It was useful  to change the value-of to
xsl:sequence.

> (fwiw, if you want to create json there are plenty of existing
> solutions out there)

it's not a straightforward JSON transformation.