Re: [xsl] Typing variables

Subject: Re: [xsl] Typing variables
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:12:30 +0100
On 18/09/2012 11:14, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"category":["_IOS"," _WEB"," _CTV"] which is what I get if I don't
type it, what should the type be to get the answer I want.

Not sure I follow... the general good practice rule is: always use the as attribute.

Assign a type to

<xsl:variable name="val">"<xsl:sequence
select="replace(.,',',concat($quot,',',$quot))"/>"</xsl:variable>

why using that form (which tends to cause problems) rather than

<xsl:variable name="val" select="replace(.,',',concat($quot,',',$quot))"/>

which is simpler and returns a string string automatically?

David

-- google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle