Re: [xsl] Effect of default namespace specifications on imports

Subject: Re: [xsl] Effect of default namespace specifications on imports
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 11:17:40 +0000
On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 11:07 AM, G. Ken Holman
<gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 2012-10-28 08:36 +0000, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
>>
>> For 2.0 only the <xsl:element name="{local-name}"> can be replaced by
>> <xsl:copy copy-namespaces="no">
>

> Just for the record, this is not true.  copy-namespaces="no" still preserves
> any namespaces that are needed for the element.  Thus, if the element has a
> prefix or is using the default namespace, the pertinent namespace and prefix
> are copied with the <xsl:copy> but not with the <xsl:element>.

Ahh it's one of them things I like to call language design features.
Well I can say it worked for moving things from the null namespace to
the desired one without contradicting Ken, but with  his clarification
I'd be more inclined to use the <xsl:element name="{local-name()}">
rather than rely on the particular set of circumstances.