[xsl] Force the case of a set of strings

Subject: [xsl] Force the case of a set of strings
From: "Kerry, Richard" <richard.kerry@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:16:45 +0000
Team,

I have a sequence of strings which are all 'ok' or 'fail' where I want to
force the case of all of them.

When I say they are all 'ok' or 'fail' I actually mean they may be 'ok', 'OK',
'Ok', 'Fail', 'fail', 'FAIL' etc.

I use

<xsl:variable name="ok-fails-1" select="$states/normalize-space(column[7])"
/>

to extract the sequence from my original xml.

If I say

<xsl:variable name="ok-fails-1-lc" select="lower-case( $ok-fails-1 )" />

then I get told that lower-case can only take a string as its parameter, not a
sequence.

Can anyone suggest how I might process my sequence to return a sequence but
have each entry passed through lower-case.

I thought maybe I could pass it as a parameter to a moded apply-templates, but
then I get warned that select needs a node, not a string, as its @select
attribute.

Subsequently I do distinct-values on it and the result of that I want only to
contain 'ok' or 'fail', with no case variations remaining.

Appreciatively,

Richard.

Richard Kerry

BNCS Engineer

T: +44 (0)20 82259063

M: +44 (0)7812 325518

Room EBX 301, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ

richard.kerry@xxxxxxxx

uk.atos.net <http://uk.atos.net/en-uk/>

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely
for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity
cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be
triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain
a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this
transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting
from any virus transmitted.