[xsl] How can I preserve ASCII Encoding Character Sets?

Subject: [xsl] How can I preserve ASCII Encoding Character Sets?
From: Philip Vallone <philip.vallone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:05:26 -0500
Hi,

This question is related to a question I asked a few months ago about finding
a way to distribute a set of stylesheets that makes it difficult for the
stylesheets to be modified or stolen (e.g. protect the intellectual property).
See http://markmail.org/thread/qv3z7yzdlr5ht7rw

What I ended up doing is creating a stylesheet that combines my stylesheets
into one xsl file. I then encrypt the file and store it as a binary. I have
created a "wrapper" application that basically decrypts the file back to xsl
and passes the xsl string to Saxon to do its work. Everything works great
except when I compile my stylesheets into a single xsl file, some ASCII
Encoding Character Sets are not preserved:

<xsl:when test="$prefix = 'pf01'">&#x00A0;</xsl:when>

How can I preserve these ASCII Encoding Character Sets?

Regards,

Phil