Re: [xsl] A suggestion re <xsl:import>

Subject: Re: [xsl] A suggestion re <xsl:import>
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:25:48 +0000
On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> But there are rather few cases where you can not replace a xsl:import by
>>> just directly including the templates in the current file, adjusting
>>> priorities and using xsl:next-match instead of xsl:apply-imports
>>>
>> but they would include all the cases where you are restricted to XSLT 1.0
>
> I don't understand. If you're restricted to XSLT 1.0 then a new facility
> isn't going to help, is it?

I was wondering how long it would take before somebody picked up on
that. Brain wasn't fully engaged.
 The scenario that led to the post was using the transform() function
of XForms via XSLTForms which restricts you to XSLT 1.0, but beyond
that I'd like to think the idea has legs.

David's response was very interesting .