Re: [xsl] things about grouping

Subject: Re: [xsl] things about grouping
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 09:16:05 +0000
>One could have distinguished the sequence consisting solely of the number 10 from the number 10

Yes, but that has all kinds of implications, in fact it turns the whole language upside down. For example it means that if someone writes <x color="red"> then you can't process it without knowing whether color is defined in the schema as a single string or a list of strings.

I'm not saying other choices weren't possible; I'm just saying that you're now in the business of designing a completely different language. And you probably want to start by redesigning XML...

Michael Kay
Saxonica