Re: [xsl] deep copy without attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] deep copy without attributes
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 15:01:21 +0100
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 01:35 +0100, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
>
>>  it's not hard to find another example (try hidden files) - should I
>> be forced to write a recursive shell  depending on whether I want to
>> exclude or include them in the copy?
>
> Or - it's amazing that the Unix (and Linux) shell is powerful enough
> that I can write a simple recursive script to copy a folder but not copy
> files matching a pattern I supply.
>
> You're not forced to do it, you're enabled. If you don't want to write
> the script and can't find osmeone else who did it,

That's what my friend  does when he needs this sort of relatively
trivial stuff  done - he asks me - and because he is a good friend I
oblige.

If you asked him I doubt he would tell you he feels enabled or
empowered because usually the request is accompanied by a statement
like "this stuff is beyond dabblers like myself".