Re: [xsl] Saxon Error: Conditional Transformation Matches BOTH of "Either/Or" Template

Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon Error: Conditional Transformation Matches BOTH of "Either/Or" Template
From: Michael Müller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 21:22:00 +0200
Am 05.06.2013 um 20:58 schrieb Raymond Lillibridge
<RLillibridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Saxon error message:
> Recoverable error
>  XTRE0540: Ambiguous rule match for /level1/para[44]
> Matches both "para[not(@selectout)] | para[contains(@selectout, 'html')]"
>
> I'm at a loss as to how the template matches both conditions at the same
time. From my understanding (which probably leaves much to be desired), either
the para element doesn't have the @selectout attribute or (if it does) the
@selectout attribute contains 'html'.

Raymond,

I have the strong feeling that this is not all of the error message, as I have
only seen it giving you the other match as well

Anyway, why don't you put the or clause inside the predicate?

match="para[not(@selectout) or contains(@selectout, 'html')]"

- Michael

PS: If you think this would be a Saxon error you should have directed your
question to the saxon-help list. If you think it is an XSLT problem, please do
not prefix your subject like you did.

--
Michael M|ller-Hillebrand
mmh@xxxxxxxxx