Re: [xsl] Using Saxon-CE to implement AJAX autocomplete?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using Saxon-CE to implement AJAX autocomplete?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 07:49:58 +0100
I think the simple high-level answer is that if it's do-able in Javascript,
then it's probably do-able in Saxon-CE (calling out to Javascript in
extremis), but if it's a problem doing it in Javascript, then it's still going
to be a problem doing it in Saxon-CE. Both have to cope with the same HTML DOM
with all its quirks and incompatibilities across browsers.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 10 Jul 2013, at 00:03, Martynas JuseviD
ius wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have a system producing XHTML using XSLT 2 on the server side. It
> can also produce both XML (RDF/XML) and JSON (JSON-LD) for Linked Data
> access.
>
> On the client side however, I'm strugling to integrate such a simple
> feature as a JS autocomplete plugin. The new Twitter Typeahead would
> be great http://twitter.github.io/typeahead.js/, but even the default
> Bootstrap Typeahead would be sufficient.
>
> The problem is that those plugins use innerHTML to modify the HTML,
> and this does not work well in XHTML mode, like here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4162270/dom-exception-when-assigning-html-
entities-to-innerhtml