Re: [xsl] [XSLT Streaming] Are xsl:for-each and xsl:iterate equivalent?

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSLT Streaming] Are xsl:for-each and xsl:iterate equivalent?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:04:54 +0100
On 29/08/2013 14:37, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
To my way of thinking, streaming means that we start at the top and
sequentially make our way through the document (or break out if
desired). Given that, it seems like when doing streaming Best
Practice is to use xsl:iterate and not use xsl:for-each. Do you
agree?

That could be a logical conclusion from my previous comment but I intentionally didn't make it)

There may be performance differences (I wouldn't know, and anyway
Michael who might know always says you should time your own test cases
to answer performance questions:-)

A large proportion of existing stylesheets use for-each and I'd be wary
of painting yourself into a corner of saying most stylesheets need
changing to get streaming operation (it might be the case but not for
this reason)

David

-- google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle