Re: [xsl] backmatter and force-page-count

Subject: Re: [xsl] backmatter and force-page-count
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 08:44:51 -0400
At 2013-09-25 11:11 +0000, Anneke von den Hoff wrote:
The backmatter is to be the last page and it must be a left page.

So when the number of pages is not even I need to create an extra page before the backmatter page.
I have done this by adding the attribute "force-page-count" = end-on-odd, to the content-sequence.
This works,

Yes, it would. You might also have considered setting the condition rather on the back matter since you described the property as being a property of the back matter. You would have done this with initial-page-number="auto-even" and left the content page sequence untouched.

What you did isn't wrong, it is just a question of emphasis. Is what you need to do a property of the content, or a property of the back matter.

but the extra page contains the static content defined for the content sequence, I would rather have the page to be blanc, or maybe contain a footer.

Does someone know if this is possible and how I can do this?

Yes, you can include in your page-sequence-master a condition of "blankness" that is tested before testing for pages that are not blank. Then when the formatter engages any sequence of formatting objects that produces a blank page (that is, a page without any content flow), the page master alternatives will test true first for the blank page before the other pages.

  <page-sequence-master master-name="frames">
    <repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
      <conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="frame-blank"
        blank-or-not-blank="blank"/>
      <conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="frame"/>
    </repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
  </page-sequence-master>

Then you would have a page-sequence-master pointed to by the blank test that would have your choice of what you want to see on a blank page. A common requirement is to centre a block of static text saying something along the lines of "this page intentionally left blank" (or "unintentionally left blank" I suppose if one wasn't expecting any blank pages!).

I hope this helps.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |