Re: [xsl] Saxon for C/PHP/Python/etc

Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon for C/PHP/Python/etc
From: Adam Retter <adam.retter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 02:41:46 +0100
This idea resurfaced at the XML Summer School this year. I think
O'Neil from Saxonica maybe pursuing this seriously, perhaps best to
contact him...

On 4 October 2013 02:06, Steve Ball <Steve.Ball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A few years ago (2009 or 2010 from memory) I asked a similar question on the
libxml2/libxslt mailing list: who would be interested in upgrading
libxml2/libxslt to XPath2/XSLT2[*]? The resounding answer is that everyone
wants it but none is willing to devote time/effort to making it happen; in
particular Daniel Veillard.

> As a result I started a closed-source development myself. However, this
project requires significant engineering resources and the project has stalled
for the last 2 years (while I concentrate on paying workb&).

> NB. this was in the days before KickStarter. Perhaps a KickerStarter-type
campaign would gather enough resources to restart this work?

> Cheers,
> Steve Ball
>
> * XPath is implemented in libxml2, so in order to fully implement XPath2 &
XSLT2 development must be done on both libxml2 and libxslt.

> PS. a C implementation of XPath2/XSLT2 does not necessarily have to rely on
libxml2/libxslt but it is a good starting place.

--
Adam Retter

skype: adam.retter
tweet: adamretter