Re: [xsl] Escaping Characters in replace()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Escaping Characters in replace()
From: Ivan Shmakov <oneingray@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:49:50 +0000

[b&]

 >> Also, I seem to be able to delete the backslash in front of the
 >> period in the second argument without causing problems...  Why is
 >> that?)

 > The probable cause is that the source text doesnbt contain any
 > sequences of the form b(any character other than b.bb)b("b) in the
 > context replace () is applied to.  Otherwise, these would also be
 > replaced with b(".b), as in:

 > Source: <unittitle>"Mary had a little lamb"</unittitle>

 > Result: <unittitle>"Mary had a little lam."</unittitle>

	The above should (obviously) have been the other way around b
	b("b)b(any character other than b.bb), with the example being, say:

   Source: <unittitle>"Mary had a little lamb" </unittitle>
   Result: <unittitle>"Mary had a little lamb."</unittitle>

	My guess is that such bsourceb elementbs text is indeed a bit
	unlikely to occur.

--
FSF associate member #7257