Re: [xsl] Recovering the 'document order' of parsed json

Subject: Re: [xsl] Recovering the 'document order' of parsed json
From: David Cramer <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 10:06:47 -0500
On 10/29/2013 08:31 AM, Tony Graham wrote:
> So would you be better off with a XML representation of the JSON rather
> than the JSON as XSLT/XPath datatypes?

Yes, I think you're right. For this particular task, having the JSON
represented as xml will be much more convenient than walking through a map.

> There is, e.g., David Lee's "JSON XML Schema (JXML)" at
> http://xml.calldei.com/JsonXML, but given his stated conceptual
> difficulties with XSLT, he's unlikely to have produced a XSLT library for
> parsing JSON into JXML.
>
> I've also found http://www.gerixsoft.com/blog/xslt/json2xml and

I'd tried that one, but it blows up I do "ant test" (also it felt kind
of bulky). Also I though "I should give some of those fancy xslt 3.0
features s shot".

> https://dnovatchev.wordpress.com/2007/07/05/transforming-json/ but YMMV
> since you may just be wanting elements for the different JSON types as in
> JXML rather than turning JSON names into XML element names as in the other
> approaches that I've seen.

That looks promising. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,
David