[xsl] [ANN] Saxon/C - Saxon for the C/C++ and PHP platforms

Subject: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon/C - Saxon for the C/C++ and PHP platforms
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 18:59:14 +0000
We're pleased to announce an alpha release of Saxon/C - Saxon-HE for the C/C++
and PHP platforms.

Details here:

http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/index.xml

The product is cross-compiled from Saxon 9.5 using the JET Excelsior compiler.
The alpha release provides C/C++ and PHP APIs for XSLT only; we expect to
expand the range to all Saxon editions and capabilities in due course. Like
Saxon on .NET, the product is single-sourced from the Java master code, so we
expect it to remain in sync with new releases on the Java platform.

We're hoping this product will fill a major gap that has existed for far too
long, making XSLT 2.0 available to the large developer community using PHP and
associated tools.

Michael Kay and O'Neil Delpratt
Saxonica