Re: [xsl] Re: Unwanted namespace prefix _0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Unwanted namespace prefix _0
From: Graydon <graydon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 15:00:49 -0500
On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 11:01:55AM -0800, Martin Holmes scripsit:
> Here are some test files:
>
> <http://web.uvic.ca/~lancenrd/test/test.xml>
> <http://web.uvic.ca/~lancenrd/test/test.xsl>
>
> I was doing the transforms in Oxygen, using both a Transformation
> Scenario and using the XSLT debugger. But when I run this on the
> command line, I don't have the problem.

<egXML xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/Examples";

in the data -- egXML the element is in this namespace, but the namespace
doesn't have an associated prefix.

xmlns:eg="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/Examples";

on the stylesheet; this namespace has a prefix, locally "eg".

The output doesn't have a prefix defined for that namespace -- you've
excluded all the result prefixes! -- but it knows the namespace has a
prefix, so you get _0.

If you put the prefix on the namespace in the data, the _0 goes away
because you're not feeding the prefix/no prefix dichotomy to the
processor and confusing it.

-- Graydon