Re: [xsl] Designing streamable XPath expressions

Subject: Re: [xsl] Designing streamable XPath expressions
From: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 18:08:56 +0000
Dimitre wrote:

> You missed a closing "]" on Slide 5

Ah, good catch Dimitre. Thanks. I fixed that.

> do you think this is streamable: text()[1]

I think I see what you are saying Dimitre. If the text is huge (say, a 1 GB
text node or even a simple large text input), then a streaming processor will
crash.

I don't see anything in the XSLT 3.0 specification about streaming text.
Streaming XML element nodes is good, but streaming text is equally important.

What is the XSLT working group's plans for supporting the streaming of text?

/Roger