Re: [xsl] Using multiple xpath-default-namespace

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using multiple xpath-default-namespace
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:54:24 +0100
Pankaj Chaturvedi wrote:

May be I sound bit stupid but is there a way using multiple
"xpath-default-namespace" in one stylesheet. I have a case wherein I
have multiple XML files following same DTD, but with different version,
difference mainly being the different "xmlns".  There are slight other
changes and I have written style sheet which I was thinking of using on
both version of XML but that does not seems to be case. Tried using
local-name() but it seems to fine on root element.

I can though segregate or write two different XSLT to handle both case
but I thought of cross check the possibility.

It is possible to use a wildcard

<xsl:template match="*:foo">

which would match elements with local name "foo" in any namespace.

And you can use xpath-default-namespace with different value in different places in a single stylesheet.