Re: [xsl] [XSL-FO] marginal notes

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSL-FO] marginal notes
From: "Geert Bormans geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 22:07:55 -0000
Hey Tony,

Thanks a lot, I got it all to work as I need it

Here is what I did

<xsl:template match="p">
<fo:block>
<fo:change-bar-begin change-bar-class="CBP-{generate-id()}" change-bar-offset="14mm">
<fo:float float="outside">
<fo:block><xsl:value-of select="no"/></fo:block>
</fo:float>
</fo:change-bar-begin>
<fo:block text-align="justify" >
<xsl:value-of select="al"/>
</fo:block>
<fo:change-bar-end change-bar-class="CBP-{generate-id()}"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

And I give the margin where I want the no to appear an extra 14mm
(on the right for odd and on the left for even)
Works a charm, thanks

Geert

At 00:06 11/06/2014, you wrote:
On Tue, June 10, 2014 10:21 pm, Geert Bormans geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> I am facing the challenge of adding marginal notes to a PDF document using
> FO.
> I am using Antenna House for this task (though switching to RenderX
> for this would be an option)
>
> The actual note is a number (element "no") inside a paragraph (element
> "p")
> - next issue: the number should be right aligned for the odd pages
> and left aligned for the  even pages

Antenna House, as an extension, allows fo:float within fo:change-bar-begin
[1], so use that with 'change-bar-placement="outside".

You can use 'text-align="outside"' [3] to align the numbers to the outside
of the page.

You may also be able to use Antenna House's float extension [2], but it's
not clear to me whether or not 'sidenote' applies only to CSS.

Regards,

Tony Graham tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx Consultant http://www.mentea.net Chair, Print and Page Layout Community Group @ W3C XML Guild member -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Mentea XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] http://antennahouse.com/xslfo/extension.htm#fo.change-bar-begin
[2] http://antennahouse.com/xslfo/float-extension.htm
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#text-align